• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Amadeus

I have replaced both thermostats and both elements in my hot water heater. Everything is wired properly (this has been checked and recheck against manufacturer directions and all parts are what they should be). It came on one time for approx. 45 seconds and blew the breaker. Rechecked everything again, flipped breaker on and nothing happens. Both thermostats and elements are getting power according to my tester yet it won’t come on and heat the water. Any suggestions???? Please help asap, been taking cold showers for 3 days!!Thanks!

Jay J -Moderator

Hi Amadeus,

… Try posting your question at Plumbing.com. At worst, call a plumber. After 3 days, it may be worth the $$$.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

bc

If the breaker blew, then you have a short somewhere. possibly a wire touching the tank. You also have to have the elements underwater or they will burn out. Your breaker kicking could have burnt something else. Check for continuities and shorts and if still checks out ok and kicks the breaker, then call a pro. It is hard to troubleshoot without being there. As Jay suggested, try http://www.plbg.com

Djuna

Last night before I went to bed I turned on the hot water faucet and nothing came out. The cold water is running just fine,what do I do?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.