Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      choppadude
      Participant

I have a electric oven I use in my garage for powdercoating. I wired a plug to this when I first got it and used the oven for a couple years.
      While remodeling my garage this year I installed a 220 outlet in the wall so that I could plug in my welders and other 220 equipment.I then robbed the plug off my electic stove and Installed it on my compressor that was previously hardwired into a small breaker box.I did this because the garage is wired from the house and I did not want to overload that circut by having 2 different 220 tools running at the same time so now each thing has its own plug and one must be unplugged before another is plugged in.
      Now the problem: I cannot remember how I had the plug wired for the stove. I have a red and black that I am confident go to each of the blade terminals on the plug but am not sure if it matters which wire goes to which blade since the blades are 2 different widths. I am thinking that it does not matter.
      I then have the white and the bare ground left. Do I hook both these to the radiused ground terminal on the plug?
      I seem to think that I had previously just connected the white and left the bare ground unhooked.
      I need to get this oven back up and running to meet a deadline on a current bike build so any help offered would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Steve (choppadude)

Unregistered-lg

red and black don’t matter either to either.
      connect the white and leave the ground off.
      then take the cover off the back of the oven and make sure that jumper (neutral to ground) is still connected.
      if it were me i would buy a whole new cord with the plug attached already but don’t worry you’ll be fine.

Jasper
      Participant

* On a 220 volt stove, it matters not if you connect the Black to one terminal and the red to the other or vice or versa.
      * The Neutral must not be tied to earth ground! The Neutral white wire is not used unless you have 110 volt outlets in the welding machine or stove.
      * Connect only the bare copper wire to the ground connector.
      * The only place that the Neutral and Copper ground are connected together are at the power panel where power comes into the house.

* Good luck… Adios… Jasper…

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.