• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dean Frey

I have two switches that I think can control electricity to the box where I am installing my ceiling fan. Wire colors in the box are white, black, red and copper. Wire colors on the fan are white, black, blue and copper. I want to control the fan and the fan’s light from the switches on the wall. How do I connect these wires?

tom

I would suggest that you connect the white to the white, the black to the black,then the red to the blue. connect the copper wie to the copper wire. This is how I would do it.But make sure the power is off first!!

Joe

First off, you have to check with a volt meter or test light what wires go to what switch.
      Second,In the ceiling box you should have a copper(Gnd.), Black, Red And White .the black should have power when the switch is ON.the Red Should be Always HOT.At the Fan you have the Green for Gnd. White is your netural, the Blue is for the FAN and Black is for the Lights.
      You can save your self a lot of time and get a remote from Home depot or Lowes and they have a very simple Diag. to hook the whole thing up.
      Good Luck.

Arthur Thomson

Took old broken pull chain switch out and up to store to get same type. Now I can’t figure out which wire goes where.

New switch has four recepticals for wires. They are marked 1-2-3 & L. Instructions with new switch show wires “load 1” going to receptical A, “load 2” going to receptical B, “load 3” going to receptical C and finally wire “black supply” going to the fourth receptical (which is not labeled in the instructions…

3 of the 4 wires for the switch in the fan come from a little black box. One end has a copper and a grey wire going out to the switch. The other end has 1 purple wire going out to the switch and another purple wire coming directly into the black box from above. A black wire for the switch also comes directly from the top of the box (I presume it is the power).

Can you help me with these colors and numbers and letters???????

Karen

I am trying to install a new hunter ceiling fan with a light kit. I have taken down the old fan. I have 2 wall switches, one that should control the fan, and one the should control the light.

The house wires are white, black, red and green. The fan wires are white, black, white/black and green. (Alas, the old fan had 3 wires, not 4, so I am CONFUSED!!)

I understand the white to white and green to green, but am lost as to what to do with the black wires and the white/black wire.

Please help because I am doing this same project in two rooms, with identical wiring and identical fans.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.