• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron J.

I,m going to replace the walls in a tub/shower that has a window. Any advice on how to “waterproof” the window? Thanks Ron J.

sir william

try 2 get the same size,trim it out int.&ext,chaulk the outside & after paintin the trim & doin whatever ,silicone the inside around the trim.As for the r.o.[rough opening]you may get a smaller window & pad it out,but, you cant do a replacement wider than origanal, cause then it would probaly require to remove studs around the opening[aka liners& possibly even kings that are holdin up the header.good luck,& thats just 1 mans opinion & 90% fact.

master of none

Any water that gets to the inside of the window has the potential of running down the walls and eventually rotting out the structure (plus getting the basement wet). Even one drop every so often over time can cause serious problems. Even the steam condensation from the shower can cause mositure problems and drops of water pooling along the inside sill.

The plexiglass with sealant around the entire frame would work the best, and may not be too unattractive. Another alternative is to run a rod along the wall and pull a shower curtian back during each shower.

Another alternative is to enclose the opening altogether, or at least put in a higher window that wouldn’t get direct spray from the shower.

I’m running out of ideas. If it were my house, I’d either remove or replace the window.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.