• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrick O’Brien

I have been looking for wide pine flooring. The width has to be at least 18″. It is for a large renovation, and I need @1,400 square feet. Do you have any contacts/suggestons?

Henry in MI

Current timber practices leave little hope of finding second growth wood this wide and, with the ring spacing, you probably would not want it anyway. Your best bet is to find an operation that raises sunken old growth logs or sells lumber from buildings that have been dismantled. Check the classified advertisements sections of historic renovation magazines. They may have to cut and process logs for your particular requirements and be prepared for expensive material. I know that operations exist in Wisconsin and Georgia/Florida/Alabama for reclaiming sunken logs.

Henry in MI

homebild

Many lumber mill sources for wide plank floors up to 22″.

Here is but one of them:

http://www.vtpf.com/

Jason

I have a family friend who has a crew of guys that travel around Illinois and the US looking for and dismantling old barns, churches, houses, etc. for old wood. They frequently travel to deliver items as well. They range from flooring to large barn beams to detail work and book shelves, etc. He has a lot of contacts and does a lot of work in Colorado, so would not be surprised if this amount of pine flooring would not be tough for him to get.

I don’t know where you are located or if he’d be able to meet your needs, but he’s been doing it for awhile.

His name is Terry Lowder and he operates out of Waverly, Illinois. Based on what I can find online I think his number is 217-899-9618, but Waverly is a small town and you should be able to find him easily using information if you’re indeed interested. Also, there is an email contact for him here:

http://www.woodfibre.com/trade/r09944.html

If you do work with him, let him know Jason sent you. I worked with him for a few years back in the day.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.