Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bruno1949
      Participant

I know it’s not spinning. I’m sure it’s some vastly expensive part. I’m sure it’s not available or cost effective. But, just for the fun of it I’d like to know. Model EGD4300TQ0 Whirlpool Duet. The set is two years old. Matching dryer ate the control board a month ago. $300 out of pocket. Now the washing machine quit working.

Obviously Whirlpool has forgotten how to build quality products, as the Web is filled with complaints about them.

I look at the Duet pair as a very expensive ($1600) lesson in how NOT to build something.

I’m going back to cheap and simple.

I think I’ll drive my truck over this pair and call it quits.

Bruno1949
      Participant

I suppose I can expect the side by side refrigerator to give me problems too.

Bruno1949
      Participant

Remove lower front panel, Torx driver required. Open the filter, the front cover spins off. Remove baby sock, dog hair, and fibers from curtains and replace cover. Mount front panel, set washer down. Plug in and test. Seems to work, so far.

Bruno1949
      Participant

but I was still getting random F 02 errors. This time I pulled the entire pump/filter assembly, a 5 minute process and no screws involved. The pump is held to the filter with three Phillips head screws. Take those out and the pump opens up. Inside the pump was an almost golf ball sized lump of tassels from the living room curtains the wife washed three weeks ago! The impeller was fine and the hoses were clear. The only problem was getting the clamps off and on again. They are spring clamps and obviously put on while the part is on a bench because they are ‘interesting’ to get a pliers on but it can be done. Also the inlet from the tub is very short and it’s easy to not get the clamp on properly. Ask me how I know. Oddly the location and cleaning of the filter isn’t mentioned anywhere in the owner’s manual.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.