Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-fgbailey

When I use the regular “timed drying” side of my timer dial, the dryer dial moves and the dryer works. However, when I use the other side of the dial,”eletronic dry-miser”, the dial will not advance, although the dryer does still heat. I checked the venting and everything is open and clear. Could I possibly need a new cycle thermostat? What other part could be bad?

Unregistered-Tom C

taking a wild guess, on some electric dryers, there is a voltage droping resistor that is in series with the timer motor being in parallel with the operating t’stat and high limit stat. when the operating stat opens the timer should advance, when the stat closes that circuit shunts the timer/resistor circuit and timer doesnt advance…this resistor could be open. it is usually located next to the timer… .. yours may not have this resistor, may have a circuit board.. one would need to look at the wiring diagram to determine most likely cause.. if yours has a circuit board there should be a tech sheet under the console where you could find a troubleshooting guide. good luck

DanO
      Participant

** when I use the other side of the dial,”eletronic dry-miser”, the dial will not advance, although the dryer does still heat. Could I possibly need a new cycle thermostat? What other part could be bad? **

That is impossible to say without knowing which model of Whirlpool dryer you have and how it was designed. The only reliable way for us to find that out is by posting the complete model number as found on the dryer’s model and serial number tag.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my site linked below.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Whirlpool+dryer
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.