Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jdog66
      Participant

wheelbarrow tire is flat, can’t get tire inflated.

Unregistered-lg

the tire went flat and you can’t get the air started because the sides of the tire are not making contact with the rim?

thiggy
      Participant

If your problem is that the seal at the bead is broken, then check the rim to ensure that the surface is not rusted. If that is OK, then take the tire to a service station and use their air to inflate the tire, as a service station’s compressor has greater air flow than most homeowners. (Don’t use the convenience store coin operated air, however, as they do not have the air flow you will need.) Note that I am referring to the volume of air being delivered, not lbs. of pressure.

Unregistered-lg

tie a wire(i used a piece of cable tv wire)around the tire in the center till i just touches the tire.tie it into a square knot.then take something like a screwdriver(i used a piece of copper pipe)the opposite way the wire is,under the wire and rotate it so the ends of the screwdriver then goes over the wire and starts tightening it.(like a tourniquet)
      this will force the ends of the tire against the rim.now fill till the pressure hold them against the edges.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.