Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jttripp913
      Participant

I bought a 1960s home a few years back, and I have been doing some makeovers. I really like the layout of the home especially my large eat-in kitchen. I have recently decided to begin work on the kitchen to update it a little. I plan on painting, new flooring, new cabinetry hardware, etc. However, I do not want to install new cabinets. I really love the existing solid wood cabinets I have now. I will just refinish them. I do have a dilema though. I have an old 40 inch gas range that I want to replace. It is gas! I can not find a new 40 inch gas range anywhere. I have found electric and dual-fuel, but I can not use them unless I want to completely rewire my house. PLESAE HELP ME EITHER FIND A NEW OR NICE USED 40INCH GAS RANGE, or I will take some really good ideas for filling the 5 inches of space on either side if I have to go with a 30inch. Thanks! Julie

Unregistered-tomh

40 inches is uncommon, but 36, 42 and 48 are common sizes. With a 36-inch, you would only need 2-inch filler panels on both sides. Are you replacing countertop? Counter can be filled in, but would be tough to match.

riverhawk
      Participant

Does it seem like an area you could tile with not too much problem? Maybe you could tile up both sides and along the top of the range. Just a thought~

`

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.