Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mhcountry
      Participant

Sorry for the previous jumbled description. I tried to clean it up a bit.

Hello. I am not sure if I have this posted in the right spot, but here it goes. I have a cement front porch that comes up to the front of our house, 5 steps. Well, it rained good last night and water is dripping in. We sealed up some cracks behind the trim pieces where the door trim comes down and sets on top of the front porch. That was done when we had a new front door put in. My front porch has numerous other cracks. It looked like we tackled all the ones by the door and around it, but I know others need to be sealed because I am still getting water. Who can I call to work on something like this? I am confused because I do not know whether to call a concrete place, a masony place for the surrounding brick, a waterproofing place, etc. This is my first time having to deal with something like this and don’t want to get taken by someone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyway, suggestions are appreciated. I guess I am just confused because of the area the water is coming in. It could be the cement front porch where it meets the house, it could be some of the cracks in the porch itself, it could be the brick on the house around the porch, or something else in that area. Oh, by the way, this spot where the water is coming in is above ground, around the level of the top of the porch, so it is way above gound level. Sorry for the jumbled description.

Faron79
      Participant

Do you mean the water started after the new DOOR was put in??
      *** It might not have anything to do with your porch itself…but more likely with some bad sealing around the door; such as not caulking the right areas, or not using flashing correctly if it was required, etc.
      *** Does your porch slab slope AWAY from the door??
      *** What kind of siding do you have on this wall where the door was installed??
      *** Where do see the water starting…on the interior WALLS, or just at the door bottom???

Do some investigating and get back to us!
      Faron

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.