Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-meuandboo@hotmail.com

I own a 1979 mobile home. I recently noticed that my living room carpet was very wet, then my hallway started getting wet. I turned off the water at the hot water heater and checked all of the water lines in the bathroom, I saw nothing leaking. I have no idea where to look now and i’m a single mother who is out of work due to surgery. I could really use some expert advise to help me fix this extra large pain in my neck. Thank you for your time

Unregistered-t.b.

Did your living room get wet first? If so what is the layout of the trailer – or in other words what is the closest thing that uses water to the living room? Bath or kitchen sink pipes?.
      If it is now dry (or drier) try turning the water back on but leave the hot water off. That may tell you if it’s the cold or hot side. and you may see wich area gets wet first (closest to the leak)

thiggy
      Participant

From your discription I am inclined to think that you have developed a leak underneath the trailer which is spraying on the underside of your floor. Assuming you have ruled out a leak inside the trailer, you will need to crawl underneath and have someone turn on the water to see if you can determine where the leak is located. You will probably need to remove insulation to search for the leak. Get yourself a roll of plastic sheeting and unroll it in front of you as you wriggle under the trailer. Good luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.