Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      scullyjo1
      Participant

I had a washing delivered and need to connect it. I have square end tap can I get an attachment for the tap, so I can attach the inlet to?

thiggy
      Participant

Are you saying that your water connections for the washing machine is square? Surely not! The hot and cold hoses from the washer just screw onto standard bib faucets. If this is not the situation, it raises the question, are you in the U.S.?

DanO
      Participant

** I had a washing delivered and need to connect it. I have square end tap can I get an attachment for the tap, so I can attach the inlet to? **

I’m afraid you’re going to have to provide a little(?) more detail so we can determine exactly what you’re asking.

I assume you are referring to a *portable* washer or maybe a *portable* dishwasher?

Such a washer comes with a “tap adaptor” which fits onto the water faucet so that the washer’s ‘snap coupler’ and hoses can attach to the tap.

I further assume that you’re saying your faucet end is square and has no external threads on it for the tap adaptor to screw on to?

If that IS the case and if the square faucet end is not round *inside* (where the water comes out) and there are no internal treads there to accept a screw-on fitting, than no, you will not be able to attach the washer’s tap adaptor onto that tap. You will either need to use a different tap to connect the washer to, change the existing faucet to one with threads on the faucet end or have a plumber install separate tap(s) for use with the machine.

JMO

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/parts/?ref411=Washer
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.