Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-kacilyn

I have managed to strip the wallpaper in every room of my old Victorian except in what was once the doctor’s office. The previous owner put up wallboard and a layer of paper. The bottom part was done with strippable wallpaper and came off just fine. The border and top section, however, are giving me problems. The paper backing does not want to come off, and the top layer of wallboard keeps coming off with it. I also noticed that even on the bottom section, the papery layer on the wallboard is puckering. At this point it seems that simply painting is going to be out of the question. It’s a large room with very tall ceilings and I need to do this project as inexpensively as possible. Suggestions?

Kaci

MiniFoxx
      Participant

What did you use originally to strip the wallpaper. That will help so that we don’t offer something that you have already tried.

MiniFoxx
      Formerly AJ-trucker’s wife

Some have better luck next time around,
      some don’t, and some don’t even try.

MiniFoxx
      Participant

and thought this might be worth a try. Sorry to not answer faster…children are in very rare form today….

I searched our site and found this.

“In reply to wallpaper adhesive by anyOne on March 18th, 2004 09:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, just wanted to let anyone know that’s trying to remove wall border and/or the remaining adhesive and paper that I just made a batch of stuff that worked incredibly; better than the $7 bottle of spray dif that barely helped at all. I put in a spray bottle; 1/3 hot water, 1/3 white vinegar and 1/3 fabric softner (I used snuggle). I scored with the paper tiger, sprayed generously, scraped and peeled the top coat and then did the same on the undercoat, it worked awesome and there was NO remaining residue like dif leaves behind.”

Thought I would pass it on.

Good luck.

MiniFoxx
      Formerly AJ-trucker’s wife

Some have better luck next time around,
      some don’t, and some don’t even try.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.