Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-help please

hi my wall heater does’nt seem to be working. i’m not sure exactly why. i tried ligthing the pilot by holding the pilot button down. when i do this i hear the gas flowing, but i don’t see a pilot light or anything. i’m pretty sure this has an auto-pilot lighter, but i can’t hear it clicking. what am i doing wrong with lighting the pilot
      ?
      thanks

carl21l
      Participant

to light the pilot while holding the button down. older style pilot lights required holding the button down for @1 minute to get the thermocouple hot enough to hold the gas relay on to hold the gas valve open and keep the pilot light on. if you cannot get the pilot to stay on, you either have to adjust the thermocouple position, or replace it if the flame is contacting the thermocouple and it does not keep the pilot light burning.
      if you have the electronic sparker to light the pilot light and it is not sparking, you have a problem that i do not know how to fix as i have never worked with one except to light a new water heater for the first time

JMHO

Carl

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.