• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      andi

my flooring man left the job monday telling me the flooring needed to cure a couple of days before we seal the seams. haven`t seen him sense. today one of my men (who is semiskilled and concerned) pointed out to me that the recommended seam kit says to seal immediately on install. upon inspection i noticed dirt in the seams. at this point, what would anyone recommend to produce the best product for my customer w/o tearing every thing up and starting over. how to clean the seams; should we litely heat the seams w/ a heat gun before sealing; ect….

andi

i don`t know how to spell, but my wife does. vinyl/since. sorry and appreciate any info..

Joe

Hi Guy
      Your man pulled the rug over on you so to speak. Seam sealing must be done immediately in most cases. Should the manufacturer state that the seams be sealed in say 24 hours the joint must be covered in this procdure. Take a core fr a carpet roll split then tape over the joint, this procdure must be done also in the case of an immediate seam so as to let the sealer dry with no dust or dirt. It is posible for you to salvage the problem at present by cleaning the joint with mineral spirits then applying the sealer ,yet i doubt that this would work. I feel that the best procdure would to patch the joint by inserting a piece directly over the joint yet one must be a master floor layer to accomplish such a task. too bad guy you got burnt however the problem is that your guys are not educated enough in those procdures, so I guess sad to say you have to shoulder some of the blame.
      Have a nice day
      Joe [master floor layer]
      P.S. If I can help in the future just e-mail, Maybe I can put off some sort of course for your installers

Cynthia Allard

Hi, I’m interested in painting over my vinal floor can you tell me a little about it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.