Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Utility tub overflowed and now dishwasher won’t work

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      MiniFoxx
      Participant

Whirlpool DU850SWLBO ~ 2 years old

Bought a built-in dishwasher with intention of building a cabinet around it. It is located right next to my kitchen in my utility room next to the tub – closest water line.

About a month ago, the city had water main problems that I didn’t know of and I did a load of laundry. Washer drains into wash tub – which in this case DID NOT drain, but overflowed. I heard it and ran in and stopped the washer. There really wasn’t that much water on the floor as I got to it quickly. BUT ever since then, my dishwasher will not work.

I’m not much of an electrical person, but is there something under there that may have been damaged by the water? Or an emergency shut off thingamabob? Or any ideas would be helpful at this point in time.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

MiniFoxx
      Moderator – Construction Project Blog
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/BBS/Construction_Project_Blog/flat-page1.html

Some have better luck next time around,
      some don’t, and some don’t even try.

monaghan
      Participant

is it possible that the dishwasher is plugged into a GFCI electrical outlet?Look to see where the dishwasher is plugged into if its a GFCI there will be 2 push switches one will say test and one will say re set if its a GFCI push in the re set .You can also check your electrical panel to see if one of the breakers has tripped and re set that

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.