Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Merc13
      Participant

I have recently noticed a urine / sewer smell in my living/den area. There are no leaks that I am aware of, and it only happens this time of year. It happened last year at this time, but eventually went away. When it happens, it sticks around for a couple of hours, then goes away and might not come back for a day or so. If anyone can give me any information on what to do, it would be greatly appreciated.

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi,
      Have you got timber floors. Because it sounds like you might have visiters under your house. eg rodnets or even a cat.

Are you able to get under the house and check it out.

Noelene

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi, I am guessing you have aready looked in your roof. But if you havn’t take a good look around. But please be carfull up there. The last thing you want is to come falling though your ceiling or electrocute yourself. Good tell tale sign to look for are droppings and of cause that bad smell.

regards from Noelene Sydney Australia

Jasper
      Participant

* Possible that the ground is heaving under your slab and has caused a shear crack in your sewer line. When the heave goes away, the slab settles and re-seals the break. Somewhat similiar to a crack in the wall that occurs only at times of the year but goes away when the ground heaving goes away. See if you can determine if a sewer pipe from a bathroom passes under the area…
      Good Luck…
      Adios.. Jasper

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.