Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Unable to get keypad on garage door to work

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharise
      Participant

have a keypad on the outside of my garage door. We have a Chamberlin – liftmaster. The numbers on the keypad stopped working. I changed the battery (9volt) but it still is not working. I programmed 2 garage remotes and it seems like that right after that the keypad stopped working with our number code. What do I need to do next?

Sharise plescia

tomh
      Participant

I think when you programmed the two remotes you may have changed the program code so the keypad didn’t work. The keypad is simply a remote (radio signal) that is activated by pressing the correct combination. Don’t know which model opener you have, but for most you press and hold the “smart” learning button on the opener until the light blinks, then operate the remote. In this case, use the keypad while in the learning mode. On some units, to add a remote you press and hold the light button on the indoor controller. Check back with a model number, or just follow instructions for adding a remote.

smahanna
      Participant

I also had the chamberlin – liftmaster and the keypad stopped working. Instead of trying to fix it I bought a universal keypad for $40.
      However, after the fact, i found this link. See if this works. The learn button is a small gray button on the receiver unit which may/may not be attached to the opener motor
      http://help.chamberlain.com/NR/rdonlyres/48E159C0-752A-4F3E-A466-988CB886EE66/57/wrlss_kylss_prgrm.pdf

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.