Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-zenith -Dennis

My zenith tv will not turn on.

for a year or so the tv would operate normally, then it work pop and go off.

I could always turn the tv back on. TV would work sometimes all day; or some times it would happen continually all day.

Now it finally has gone off. I can not turn it on. Tv picture is good when it worked.

What may problem be, Is it worth fixing
      especially with the HDTV on the horizon.

MiniFoxx
      Participant

it is similar to what was wrong with ours.

I am NOT saying this IS the answer because I do not know for sure. BUT…my children spilled some juice down our screen and the volume down wouldn’t work any more. Then last night the remote quit and I didn’t have any batteries and couldn’t turn it down.

So I got out the tools and took the cover off. I guessed the contact behind the button was gummed up – not the problem. So I was looking around in there and the board moved back and forth (front to back). I plugged her in and gave it a shot and it worked. So appearantly the board had just worked it’s way back from the button. It is an RCA by the way.

So I don’t know if this is something you would want to try on your own or not. It might void your warranty if it is still under it. But I thought I would share it with you. Coincidental that I had this last night and you post yours today – karma?

Good luck and let me know.

MiniFoxx
      Moderator – Construction Project Blog
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/BBS/Construction_Project_Blog/flat-page1.html

Some have better luck next time around,
      some don’t, and some don’t even try.

cjeanpatton
      Participant

I have a Toshiba TV. When I turn it on the power light just flicks, but the TV never comes on. It happened after a storm. Nothing else in the house was affected. What can it be????

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.