Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      DomesticDiva
      Participant

I am having some trouble with my tub water spout. It seems to have come away from the wall forcing the silicone seal around it to break. Its protruding approx 1/4 inch (or less) from the tile surface. I have attempted to re-caulk with silicone but had to apply multiple layers to get a seal. Is there any way to get the spout to go back closer to the wall and does anyone have any idea why the spout would have come away from the wall in the first place? Is this a problem I should call a plumber for?

Thanks in advance…

Anonymous
      Participant

The spout needs to touch the wall in order to seal. If you have a single handle faucet the escutcheon may have gotten tightened so much it has pulled the valve body forward bringing the spout with it.
      Or, if you have threaded nipples then you may need a different system as they only come in 1/2″ lengths. You can get a nose spout which will allow you to use a coupling to make up the 1/4″ of room.
      If you can’t fix it yourself you should call a plumber because spouts not sealing to the wall ruins the wall and the ceiling below if there is one.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.