Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      pamacox
      Participant

I had an overlay done on my tub because of a crack; when it was done the people did not remove the metal drain, and now I can’t remove to clean hair out of the drain.

Help!

Unregistered-sbalfour

You didn’t specify what material the tub was made of, or why an overlay interferes
      with the drain. The usual drain removal tool is a tub drain wrench. If the tub drain has no crossbars or the
      crossbars have been stripped, try a tub drain key (specialty plumbing tool which wedges against the interior diameter of the drain). Failing that, it’s a precision hacksaw like Tiny Tim
      (ugh!).

I assumed
      you want to remove the drain itself, not the drain cover, which is simply screwed into the drain and (usually) easily removed with a screwdriver. If the drain cover has been caulked, cemented or otherwise partly covered over, that’s a problem. I don’t know
      what the covering material is, but you might be able to clear it away with a
      carborundum grinding disk or cylinder driven with a power tool like a Dremel.
      That’s going to be precision work, and likely leave some marks. I had to do something like that to grind off ceramic tile around an HVAC vent that
      the tilers intruded upon.
      -Stuart

Unregistered-ZZZ111

Call the company back tell them to fix it

doug seibert
      Participant

You can find products that reach down the drain and grab the HAIRCLOG for easy retrieval and disposal…..Like Zip-It

http://zipitclean.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/zip-it1.jpg

“……measure Once…..cut Twice….
      throw that one away and cut a new one….”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.