Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-jimlied@hotmail.com

I have a fan that has a triple capacitor going bad. It works ok on high and medium but when slow speed is slected, the capacitor starts smoking and getting hot quickly. It has two gray wires on one side and a red, brown, puple wire on the other side. The values are 4.5, 6.0, and 5.0 ufd at 280,250,250 volts respectivly. No part number and I don’t know the name of the fan. We purchased it about 5 years ago at Lowes or Home Depot. I would throw it away but my wife loves it. The moter is covered with sea shells as are the fan blades. I have searched all throughout the internet and can only find dual capaitor parts. All help and suggestions are appreciated since I do not want to operate the fan again till I fix it since it is over our bed!

Jim Lied

Unregistered-carlos

your owners manual ( YOU DID KEEP THE MANUAL ) will have a 800 phone number and the model number of the fan. give them a call for a replacement part. both the home depot and lowes fans carry a 15 year warrenty on the parts.

if you threw away the manual, remove the fan and check for model number on the housing or motor as well as a manufacturers ID.

ceilingfanrepair
      Participant

Check with the manufacturer first. If you dead-end there, ceilingfanparts.com and lampdepot.com are reputable companies that offer a variety of 4 and 5 wire capacitors.

For more information on ceiling fan parts:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/ceiling-fan-parts.php

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.