Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum toro ultra 225 blower/vacuum- model 51598 s/n 250060098

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-6fingers

the switch on the referenced unit does not allow me to turn the unit off nor to control its speed.A posting by Guest on 6/30/10 & found by me yesterday says that ” the TRIAC and all the electrical components in the knob assembly (a capacitor, crystal oscillator,and half dozen resistors) can be purchased from Digikey for $5 total. I’ve contacted Digikey but without a specific part number they can’t help me. The Toro people have no idea as to what the part number is.

Thanks in advance for your help

Bruno1949
      Participant

“The TRIAC”. One of how many thousands out there?

“A capacitor”. One of about 2.5 billion. Without the value and voltage there isn’t any way to narrow it down.

“Crystal Oscillator”. Again, hundreds of thousands of possibilities.

“Half a dozen resistors”. Narrow that down by wattage and you are down to only about 6 billion choices for each resistor.

Without a schematic and a parts list there isn’t anyway to know what parts ‘guest’ found that would work. Every component has a voltage, current, and frequency rating that we don’t know.

Toro doesn’t know because they don’t build the speed control, they buy it from some shop in China as an assembly.

Not to mention that taking the speed control apart and installing new components is NOT a job for the normal home handyman. It takes a technician to do it. Someone used to working with small electronics.

Perhaps someone knows the part number for the complete speed control because that’s the only chance you have to get it working again.

Unregistered-lg

does the switch itself have any numbers and manufacturer name stamped on it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.