Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      hayhead
      Participant

I have a problem with a toilet in my home and I can’t figure out what the problem is. First off the toilet is a year old and it surprises me that I’m having trouble with it already. I have to fix it myself since I CANNOT afford a professional and I think that I am able to fix it since I’m the one who installed it. 🙂

First problem is that it won’t flush, and I’m not sure if it’s clogged or if the 2nd problem is the cause. So…. 2nd problem, the tank has water coming into it but it will not fill.

I’ve never dealt with these issues so I’m not sure if I should snake the “FULL ” bowl, pour water into the bowl force it to flush or try and fill the tank and see if it flushes after that. I’m afraid that I’ll do the wrong thing and make matters worse or a mess!

Jasper
      Participant

The flapper must form a seal while the tank is being filled. Perhaps it’s defective or the pull chain is preventing it from sealing.
      Give us some feedback.. Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

Unregistered-luckyb7

If the toilet has been in for a year and working ok, sounds like something might have fallen into the stool. Young children sometimes drop items into the stool and they clog the bowl. If you can’t clear it you might have to remove the stool and see if it has a foreign item lodged in it somewhere. Messy job but sometimes necessary. Good Luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.