Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Toilet gurgles and leaks while running shower

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jvanpatten1
      Participant

I just moved into a house where the plumbing was completely replaced. I was showering last night when I noticed it wasn’t draining much water and I heard a gurgling sound coming from the toilet. When I got out of the shower the floor was soaked with water that appeared to come from the toilet. I think used the sink in the same bathroom for about 10 minutes and heard the same gurgling sound and observed bubbles in the toilet. Is this a serious problem or can it be easily fixed?
      Thank you,
      Jeff

Jeff Van Patten

Unregistered-fred

This may just be a plugged drain line. Go to any home center and purchase a drain snake (long metal tube for clearing drains) for around $10. Figure out the best way to access the pipes (underneath ideally in a clean out or thesink drain) slowly feed the snake into the drain and gently move it around to clear any clogs. Post back if that doesn’t work.

bink
      Participant

You might also have a partially clogged vent stack pipe. Make sure that is also clear.

Let us know how it works out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.