• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Barb S

There was no message, just a heading, but I’m assuming you’re looking for the best way to remove wallpaper from plaster walls. This is a project I am in the middle of right now (5 rooms). First, buy a garden sprayer (essential); second, buy a paper tiger to score wallpaper; then, use DIF liquid wallpaper remover (follow directions). I’ve found the two secrets to successful (and easier) removal is 1. don’t let the scored wallpaper get dry; 2. patience. The urge is to start scraping and get the paper off, but if you wait a little longer using the sprayer to keep the paper wet, it comes off in big strips. Even the 90-year-old paper that was under the paper I removed in my living room. Then clean, patch and paint. Good luck.

Linda M.

We need to remove paper from plaster over gypsum board walls. Do you think thi same technique will work. Also…what is a paper tiger?

cindi

i heard if you use liquid downy straight out of the bottle from a spray bottle, it works very well.
      If any body ever tried it let me know.

Lisa McKee

Why do I have such a thick paper, is part of it my top layer(s) of drywall? Should I rip it all off with the oaoer or try to cut it and patch with what? spackling or could I possibly have to use joint tappe and joint compound? Thanks for your help. Mrs. Mckee

norma

Do I follow the same process, wetting first?”
      There are about 4 coats of paint on this 60’s flocked wallpaper

New Home Owner

Hi
      Can I use a steamer to remove wallpaper from plaster walls?
      If not what is the best method for the removal?

Kevin Lentz

I just purchased a 90 year old house with plaster walls. I used DIF, and took my time. They even had the ceilings papered. DIF made it an easy job and only took a few hours per room.

Debbie P. Barnett

What is the best way to remove grass cloth?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.