Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Tappan Fabulous 400, ovens need troubleshooting

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      audrebecca
      Participant

I have a Tappan Fabulous 400 that came with the house I bought 7 months ago. The house was built in 1947, so this stove would I believe have to have been added in some time later.

The large oven has not worked since I moved in. I recently took apart and repaired the thermostat dial (it was spinning aimlessly, wouldn’t hook and turn on the element) without any effect.

The small oven has now started malfunctioning as well. When left to pre-heat, it will eventually (after an hour or so) get up to 250 or maybe 300 degrees, but not hotter.

Any suggestions would be great. My first instinct is to replace the elements, but I don’t know where to go for parts. 🙁

DanO
      Participant

** My first instinct is to replace the elements, but I don’t know where to go for parts. **

You can read what information is usually required to get replacement parts for your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my site linked below. Other than that, you’d just have to pick replacements out of a catalog going by dimensions or taking the originals to a local appliance part supplier to see if they can match something up.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Tappan+range
      The Appliance Information Site

=-~~~~~~

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.