Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Tom C

What are the pros and cons of an electric whole house tankless water heater???

HKestenholz
      Participant

Makes hot waster up to its flow rate well, doesn’t have tank losses. It requires a large supply wire, breaker, and spins the meter really fast.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

Anonymous
      Participant

I’m not aware of any pros. They are expensive to have your house service upgraded and breakers added. You only get to use two fixtures at a time.

Unregistered-BobF

In addition to the other responses:
      A tankless heater is ok for a point of use intallation, so if all your hot water uses are in one spot it will work. But they are energy hogs, as noted in another response. For the typical American home, the uses are too spread out, and you would be disappointed in the performance.
      Next item is that they don’t last forever; they are expensive and will be equally expensive to replace later.
      On another board I monitor, one responder said he has installed six so far and has removed three of them when the owners had had enough. He warned the owners in advance that they would not be a good choice.

brunstc
      Participant

We installed the Seisco Tankless Water Heater Model RA-28 4yrs ago. I love it! In Dayton, OH, our incoming water is COLD, but we always have HOT water. For installation, we did upgrade to a 200amp electrical box. We were replacing an electric tank, and had a decrease in our electric bill (even though we use more water because it never gets cold). Now, 2 other family members have installed the unit. I would strongly recommend this brand. Uses standard heating elements & has twice the warranty of the conventional water heaters.

Unregistered-matt_1_0

I recently installed a nice Bosch tankless water heater in an old 1920’s bungalow. I have been getting a slow response for heated water in my shower upstairs. It sometimes takes up to 2 or 3 minutes of running the water to get hot water. Granted, the pipes are old and the pipe run for that line go across the house then up to the 2nd floor. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so what can I do to improve (quicken) the heat response? I hate wasting water.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.