Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      csiegner
      Participant

Can anyone help me find the hardware for EMCO Forever Door storm doors? I am looking for the lockset as well as the metal piece at the bottom of the door.

I am unable to find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The serial number is 4797007

bobfish64
      Participant

Just contacted, Emco Express Service Hotline at 1-800-933-3626. Door handle hardware is 54.99 includes shipping. Hope that helps.

Unregistered-rduncan@international-resources.com

Anderson-EMCO sells a number of doors under the name FOREVER. Most of the Forever Doors hardware can be repleaced with an on-line order at http://www.storm-door-hardware.com EXCEPT the polypropely Crossbuck or Traditonal half window doors.

Handyman
      Participant

this came in from a visitor named Jay:

“The Home Depot has a universal latch made by Wright for 1 1/2″ storm doors. It has 3″ hole spacing just like my door. You may need shims to build up a mount for the strike plate (they provide them for free if you call). I re-spraypainted the original knob and kept it, instead of using the new knob, which is not very big compared to the original. Of course, the latch is the part that I needed to replace on the original, and it is a lever handle type, instead of one of those with a retracting plastic piece that eventually begins to wear out. Keep the replacement knob in case the original’s springiness wears out, but I don’t anticipate any problems with the old one. The new one cost $8.97 as opposed to Forever Door’s $43.00!! The gent in the doorknob dept. at the Home Depot was quite impressed with my solution, as he was sending many customers to millwork to special order new sets ($$$). There are a lot of these doors in this area (Buffalo). I’ve fixed two so far.”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.