Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Kelly Johnson

Ok, I know the 16″ marks are for studs but what are the little diamond shaped marks at every 19 3/16″ for??

Kelly Johnson

Yeah thats what I’ve heard. I work at a moble home plant and some of us were sitting around and happened to notice the mark. Sence I posted the question I’ve heard a couple answers. One, something called a Fleetwood system where they use these marks for wall studs. They save one stud every 8′. Another was foor floor joist. As far as I can tell Stanley tape measures, 16′ and up, are the only ones with this mark.

Jared Dowdy

I am looking for a three meter tape measure that will read on the back. We measure impact dummies in some pretty tight places. Any information on suppliers would be very helpful. Thank You, Jared

Kelli

Do you know where I can buy a Stanley 16foot tape measure. My dad has one and wants a new one for Christmas, but I can not find a 16 foot one anywhere.

cindy

I am looking for a 100 foot retractable tape. Any idea where to get one?

jose

I will like to know what every little line on a tape measure stands for.I know a little bit,but know my knew job is riquiring me to know my tape mesasure.I dont even know whats 16th of an inch.Please help me.

Sailent Trading Co.,Ltd.

We impressed on your product and we wish to represent for Myanmar market.

Debby Priskorn

what is the reason for the little diamond is every 19 and 3/16 in?

Chris Botha

Good day,we are using the tape measure for a antenna.If you can help me I am just looking for the blade part of the tape and it must be uncoated or coated black with out the numbering.

Please I need it urgently.

Thgank you

Chris

dave

How do I read a tape measurer?

Julio Guevara

I need a diagram to show what all the lines on a tape measure are and an explaination in spanish how to read a tape measure for a new job in framing homes. Asking for help is difficult when everyone is busy. Can anyone help? Thanks!

holly

when and how will i get this info never visited this site,not sure how to get info i see many have asked the same question? I GREATFULLY APPRICATE ANY AND ALL HELP GIVEN IN THIS MATTER!!! THANKS,HOLLY

Dad dude

If anyone needs help reading a tape, I have a diagram of a tape. Just email me,and I will gladly send it to you.Thanks.

Joanne

LOOKING FOR A TAPE MEASUREING DEVICE THAT IS ON WHEELS, USED IN CONSTRUCTION TO MEASURE A FIELD OR VERY LARGE OUTSIDE AREA????

JOE CHANCELLOR

I NEED 3 TAPE 25′ TO READ IN 1/32 INC. TOTAL LENGTH TAPE

REPLY TO joe.chancellor@ep.kaiseral.com

steve

how do you read atape measure

john

I would like to know how to read a tape leasure

Handyman
      Participant

This link provided by Doug Seibert:
      http://www.wood-worker.com/articles/Read_A_Ruler.htm

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.