• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 18 years ago by Unregistered-paulinil1.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      winks06
      Participant

I am building a house and have allot white pine trim throughout the house on the ceiling. I was going to use a minwax honey pine stain that had the polyurethene in it to get some color on it. But i was told to just leave it alone and not stain it because it will turn dark on its own. What should i do? I dont want just white pine throw out the house.

CW

Faron79
      Participant

Hi CW,
      You may want to consider a CLEAR or lightly pigmented interior sealer from SIKKENS. This company makes SUPERB stains/wood protection coatings.
      Their interior products protect pine from UV “picture-fading”…if you move a picture that’s been in one spot for some time.
      These are Premium coatings…not the cheapest in the world, but if you’re fussy about keeping a new appearance…check this stuff out!
      It’s not available everywhere, so check out their website “http://www.nam.sikkens.com”
      **** Check out the “Cetol UV Interior”, “Cetol Interior Clear”, & the water-based “Cetol BL Clear”.
      **** They are very specific about application procedures, etc., so find a store that sells it, and get the brochures.
      **** You could easily spend $200 or more, depending on your surface area, but this is good stuff! We have Sikkens in Fargo, ND at our store.
      Thanks!
      Faron

Unregistered-paulinil1

…it if you wish. You would do well to use “wood conditioner” first, which helps soft woods, such as pine, take stain more evenly.
      Soft woods’ density varies greatly within short proximities and can come out very blotchy after staining.
      Wood conditioner will minimize this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.