I have just moved into the home – which is new to me
      but used.
      Ideas I have are to replace the sliding glass door in
      one room with one that has double glass. I would also
      put up some window treatment. Any ideas on what would
      be best.
      Thanks.

Daniel MacRaild

If you have the yard (and zoning allows it) add some bushes or trees to block some of the noise. The trouble with double glass from a factory, is the glass is parallel. This could cause a standing wave effect which creates a low rumbling sound, it could drive you up a wall, sound proof glass is usually hand built and the middle glass would be at a slight angle to stop the standing waves.

Mike

I have a band. I need cheap ideas on how i can insulate my garage so that my sound doesnt leak into the street. I have an idea right now about putting a piece of Sound Board (a ply wood type piece), Sound Foam (a 2.5in. thick piece of foam), egg cartons, and topping it off with another piece of Sound Board. I have to put this up against the garage door everytime I need to use it. Tell me if this is a good idea or not.

Benita Jones

I have a condo and I live upstairs and my neighbors complain even when the kids walk and play in their room I need help on how to sound proof my floors. I look up some information about foam could that help me. Could some lead me in the right direction on what to do.

Avijeet Kundoo

We have have one small room. On one side we have a gypsum board partion. Another side glass partition. Another side we have the wooden door and partly glass and partly gypsum board patrion. The fourth side has got two windows. Can you suggest how can we reduce sound travelling to and from the room through the glass partitions and gypsum board partitions.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.