• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jc ro

I have a faint smell in the hallway that smells like ammonia or urine…..

called the plumber over and he sent some teenage helper under the house and they said it did not smell there and he put a new wax seal on the toilet but said he could not find anything and told me to just keep water in all my P-traps….

well my mother’s house is the same age as mine and they use it as a secondary home in she lives in the same neighborhood and they never have these smells and i know her P-trap are the same…….

WHAT COULD THIS BE.?

MY VENT STACK IS VENTED TO THE ATTIC AND HAS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT LETS AIR IN BUT NOT OUT ON TOP OF IT….THAT THE PLUMBER ADDED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WHEN THE ROOFER FORGOT TO PUT IT BACK THRU THE ROOF…..BUT I COULD NOT SMELL ANYTHING IN THE ATTIC.

I HAVE NO PETS……….

AND IT IS STRONGEST WHEN YOU LEAVE THE A/C OFF OR TURNED UP……

HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

THE HALLS AND BEDROOMS ARE CARPET WHERE YOU SMELL IT THE MOST BUT THE CARPET IS 5 YEARS OLD AND WE ADDED IT WHEN WE BOUGHT THE HOUSE……

THE BATHROOM IS CERAMIC TILE .

I MUST FIX THIS……..EVERYONES HOUSE DOES NOT DO THIS……WHY IS MINE?

I DO HAVE JUST ONE P-TRAP UNDER A DOUBLE SINK VANITY IN THIS BATH……..

THE WASTE PLUMBING IS THE IRON TYPE..I HAD THE REST OF THE HOUSE REPLUMBED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH PVC.

THIS IS ALL THE INFO I CAN THINK OF……….

I REALLY NEED SOME EXPERT ADVICE>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOME OF THESE CONTRACTORS OR PLUMBERS DONT TRY HARD ENOUGH…………jacrjacr@hotmail.com

Axlsmommi

Hi, have you ever thought of formaldehyde smell. Carpet has this in it. I bought a mobile home and it had the same smell. After 4 years Of shampooing carpet 3 x aweek I tore it out and put wood laminate flooring. Fixed the problem. I also used a sealer on the sub flooring to block any odar that was in it. Not all carpet is that bad. But some is. I hope this helps.

doug

That air admitance valve could be a problem…..

a SMOKE TEST will demonstrate any faults in the venting system

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.