• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne

I took down my 30 year old bypass sliding closet doors to paint the room and now they will not go back in the tracks. I can get the inside door in each closet on, but not the second one. Is there some trick to get the rollers to hook into the track, or are they not meant to come off? I have had three other people, including my handyman try, all with no luck.

Anne

There is a double track at the top of the opening with rollers mounted on the doors.

Anna Wheeler

We have just installed new sliding closet doors. Is there a rule as to which position the door that’s hung in front should be in. Example: when you enter the room and the closet is on the wall either to your right or your left, should the front closet door be closest to you, or away from you? In other words, should the front closet door always be on the left hand side as you are facing the closet? The reason I ask is because we are going to be putting new pulls on the doors and I want to be sure they are put on correctly.

I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible since we are installing our last one tomorrow. We have not, however, purchased our hardware, recessed door pulls since we are having trouble matching our brushed satin nickel finish that we are using for our door handles.

Any help you can give me would be “greatly” appreciated.

Thank you,

Anna Wheeler

Bill Serafini

I’m having trouble hanging new bypass closet doors. When the door is flush against the left side frame I get an uneven gap at the floor, as much as a 1/2 inch difference from left to right. When I adjust for the gap then of course the door does not fit flush against the left wall. I put a level on everything and it seems that the hardwood floor is not level. Any suggestions?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.