Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-geo

can anyone help me ? I got a house thats 16 years old, it has two baths,the problem is,that when someone is taking a bath or shower,and if someone turns on any water faucet or flush the john,the person taking the shower gets scalded,until the water is turned off or the john fills up,it has a 30 gallon water heater.my e-mail address is gwh1@woh.rr.com,thanks

thiggy
      Participant

For several years I used to have the same problem in our house. Our situation was that originally our house shared a water supply with several other residences nearby. (This was a left-over from when city water was not available in our neighborhood.) The supply line to my house was old 1/2″ galv. iron pipe. This caused a limited flow rate, and the pressure was also low, thus whenever anyone was using the shower and another person turned on water anywhere in the house, the shower either turned ice cold or scalding hot. What I did to improve the situation (but not a perfect solution) was to tie into the city water supply which by that time had a water main in front of the house. I ran 3/4″ copper tubing from the meter to the house. The ideal cure would be to install an “anti-scald” shower valve which has an internal balancing device.

Unregistered-geo

thanks for the reply,but I guess I should have said I was on city water, and I’m less than a mile from the water source.

erik peterson
      Participant

This could be one or a combination of several things…call a pro to diagnose. erik

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.