Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I need some information on septic drain fields. When they fail are they repairable or do they have to be replaced completly?
      I have a 1000 gallon septic tank which is cement. It is not draining fast enough into my drain field. Help is greatly appreciated/.

Unregistered-Dodgeman

I suppose the drain field could be “repaired” by completely digging it up, removing all the soil, and replacing it with suitable soil designed for mound systems or the like. This would be high $.
      Normally, when septic fields are installed, there is an alternate site identified to put another drain field in if the first one fails. This should be identified in your county records when your first system was installed. Check with them.
      Are you sure it’s the drain field and not just a partially plugged exit pipe from the septic tank? These can plug with “black rust” if the exit pipe is made of cast iron.
      Make sure the pipe is open.
      Also, you may have an inspection pipe at the end of your drain field. If that does not have standing water in it, the field is probably ok.
      Good Luck!
      Dodgeman

Jasper
      Participant

I fought my septic system for 25 years. Had extensions installed,Had pipe and dirt replaced, Had tank cleaned every year. Wvery time it rained, I couldn’t flush the toilet, it would overflow into the bathroom. RESOLUTION!!!! Had an aerobic system installed. Now I flush the toilet during the most heavy rains just to see it flush!!! The system is not cheap. It cost me $7,500 six years ago. I just had the tank cleaned out for the first time. The system is inspected every three months to make sure it complies with State standards for purity. There’s three tanks. 1st is where all swwage goes, 2nd is where water flows. The the 2nd tank has air being pumped into it. 3rd tank is where the water is stored after it passes through a clorine station. When that tank fills, a pump pumps the 98% clean water to Sprinkler heads that water my yard. And that’s that… Adios… Jasper.

Jasper Castillo

Participant

just a short note and thank you to dodgeman. My septic problems were repaired by replacing the 5 foot extension pipe that comes out of the tank and is attached to the drain field pipe. This pipe was crushed and nothing was getting to the drain field. Tahnk you for your responses, it is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.