• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mozambique

My house has an extra window on the outside and from the inside there seems to be some hidden space that you can’t get to. The space must be quite large. Could someone have blocked off the door from the hall? Why would someone “block off” a room? Should I knock the wall out and investigate?

Stephen

Of course the first thought is that there could be something cool or creepy back there. Just so you know there may be a more mundane reason. Often plumbing and/or other structural features are covered with a facade from the outside and/or a wall panel inside. Just be prepared, who knows; the previous owner may have had an abrubt urge to wall in his or her spouse. 🙂 If you are handy and don’t mind having to repair any damage, you could just try popping a hole in and using a flashlight to check it out before making a huge hole.

Christopher

I’d look through the window first and see if there’s a door or a good spot to pop the wall open. Or even if the window opens up.

HarryC

Perhaps it might be easier to go in through the window. Even if you had to break the glass, its still an easier repair. Are there any closets that might have false backs?

Thiggy

Mozambique, now that you have brought this issue up, it is incumbent upon you to fully investigate and report back to us. (BTY, I agree that a broken window pane would be easier to repair than cutting out drywall or plaster.)

HotBacon

I agree that you must fill us in on all details that you find. And include pictures 🙂 You also have raised my curiosity level. Remimds me of Robert DeNiro’s secret room in the movie, “Meet the Parents” If the room is full of gold kruegarands, you must share them with the repliers. SORRY Hot Bacon for jumping in on your thread, it’s me, plumber Tom. I tried to edit and my post came up on yours,, Hmmm, I’ll figure this out one day, Regards, plumber Tom/Moderator/www.discussions.tommmymac.us/BBS/Plumbing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.