Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Sears/Craftsman garage door opener 139.53975SRT1

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      kuryuka

I’ve just bought a house. Owner didn’t leave me manual for garage door opener.
      My problems are:
      1. Door won’t close automatically, i have to press big button on the remote control.
      2. Remote has 2 more buttons which purposes unknown to me.

If somebody has manual or knows how to operate it, please give me advice.

Thanks,
      makulatura@yahoo.com

jb

I don’t think garage doors are supposed to close automatically. You have to either press the remote button or the hardwired button on the wall. The other two buttons are so that you can operate other doors or devices with the same remote. This is handy if you have two or more doors so you can control all from any remote. Usually, to program the buttons you press the “remote” or “program” button up on the motor unit near the roof of your garage and while it is blinking you press the button on your remote that you want to use for that door and the system then “learns” it.

jack

I believe the Sears/Craftsman 139.539… model
      openers use DIP switches to set the remotes.
      The switches 2-9 on the receiver (by the motor)
      set the code, and switch 1 sets which button on the
      remote controls it. The trasmitter (remote) has
      only 8 DIP switches (2-9) for the code and they must
      match 2-9 on the receiver. The door should not close
      automatically. You press the button again to close it.

Hopes this helps,

Ca

Not only did one remote go out but both,Took to sears had batteries replaced, still didn’t work. Called service center told faulty remotes, purchased new one. still doesn’t work. Door just installed in 2000. Worked like a charm for a few months. remote inside works but key pad on outside never has. Help, Sears won’t

Bobby Cooper

i have a sears craftsman opener and someone else’s garage remote will open mine. how do i change the code.it is a 1/2 h/p and the model# is 139.53615sr

Cherry Williams

I just bought a house and do not have the manual to the remotes. On the remote the # is 139.53779 I was wondering how I could get a manual for the remote as i can not get it to work right.

Robert Kelly

Light will not turn on when the garage door opens and closes.

Doug B.

I’ve got a 1/2 hp Craftsman door opener, model no. 139.185906; about 15 years old. The 3-4″ flat nylon gear inside (works off the nylon screw gear) has stripped out. Manual is long-lost. Can anyone tell me a part no.? Thanks.

Tom O

I just replaced the nylon gear in my chain drive (model 13953615SR) unit. The unit works fine but I can not get the chain drive to “work”. AS the motor runs and drives the chain (pulls the door up), the tension on one side of the chain gets so high that the motor can not continue to turn it. The other side of the chain is extremely loose and sagging.

What is the trick to adjusting it? Thanks

Lynda Linton

replaced sprocket assembly and now door will only open and close a little ways. Can you help. Have tried adjusting limit screws to no success.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you.

elias

Looking for the manual to the Sears Craftsman remote control.

DCO/MDC Cert# K744

Tony Chavez

I need a manual for my garage door opener, model 13953413. Door won’t stay closed, will bounce back. One the door is open, it does not open all the way. Tried to closed again, and will go further, and will bounce, being the door almost close.

Does any one have a manual?

Mike Henson

i have the 1/2 hp gargae door opener and when i hit hte button in my garage on the pad the dorr goes about 2 inches stops and comes back up acts like a sensor is tripping it but i disconnect those and still the same, if i hold the button down the door will go all the way down. please send help

Andy Vincent

We bought this house and the previous owner gave us the code. However, we have since learned that almost everyone in the neighborhood knows it as well. We know its a sears craftsman probably installed in 95. The only numbers I could find on the opener itself is 031D0359. We would like to learn how to reprogram it. Hopefully you can help us.

Thanks,

Greg Ellis

All you need to do is enter the 4 digit code of your choice into the keyless entry pad. Next, press and hold the enter button on the keyless entry pad. Press the SRT (Orange button on the opener unit) until the main light flashes. Release orange button and release enter key. Test your new code to see if it works.

Al Pasqua

We had a lightning storm the other day and both my Sears 1/2 HP and my Liftmaster garage door openers stopped working. The overhead lights flash 3 or 4 times but nothing happens. I also notice that the lights on the infrared eyes at the bottom of the doors have gone out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

Tony Amato

115v //ok

Tony Amato

115v //ok

24v//ok

door don’t move, lights [115v ]don’t light

wall control pilit light is lite.

Tony Amato

115v //ok

24v//ok

door don’t move, lights [115v ]don’t light

wall control pilit light is lite.

Roy

I just bought a house and the owner didn’t have the remotes. My Opener is model# 139.53975SRT1. I went to craftsmans website and cant figure out which remote is the replacement. Does anyone have the model # for the remote.

Thanx

Graciela Montemayor

I lost the origina control remot of my Craftsman 1/2 N.P. garage door and i buy a Gennie 912 one is there is a way you all can help me find on the craftsman machine the garage door opener secury code.

thank you

Graciela montemallor

“The Unofficial Garage Door Manual”

Keypad

This is a 2 person operation if keypad is not in your hand.

1. Punch in 4 digit code and continue holding down enter button on keypad

2. Press and release red button approx 3 sec on back of garage door opener. You will hear a click and the light goes off. (Warning: if you hold this button for six seconds all remote codes are cleared)

3. Release Enter button on keypad.

4. Punch in 4 digit code on keypad and press enter. The garage door should work.

Programming Multiple Remotes

1. Press and continue holding button on remote

2. Press and release red button approx 3 sec on back of garage door opener. You will hear a click and the light goes off. (Warning: if you hold this button for six seconds all remote codes are cleared)

3. Release button on remote.

4. Press remote button. Garage door should work.

5. Repeat as necessary for multiple remotes. Remember if red button is held down for approx 6 seconds this will reset all opening devices, and all devices will need to be reprogrammed.

Jeff Stanley

I have a new garage door and door opener (13 months old), just this past week, on erratic occassions the garage door only opens about 6 – 8 inches and then stops. Sometimes this happens first thing in the morning and after several tries then it goes up. Then it will work fine, only to do the same thing again later in the day, and it happens when either using the remote opener button, or the one inside the garage. The garage door is only 13 months old – and so is the opener. Any ideas as to what could be the problem??

Bruce Jones

My garage door will open, but when it starts to close it stops and reopens when it reaches 2 inches from floor. One sensor is green the other is yellow.

Joan P.

My son has a Toyota Forerunner that he has to turn the engine off to get his remote to work to open the garage door. He has two remotes and both of them do the exact same thing. His wife can get the remote to work in her car but if my son drives up in the driveway behind her it won’t work. He has to back way down the driveway for hers to work. Any ideas?

Sid

I am looking for the craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener manual if any one has it please forward to Sprasad919@aol.com.

Thank You

Handyman
      Participant

It seems everyone has issues with their garage door. Whether it is the remote control the motor or the spring.

discussions.tommmymac.us does not recommend the changing of the Torsion spring by a do it yourselfer. However if you are interested in seeing how it is done here is website devoted to it.
      http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm

How do I program my garage door opener?
      The instructions at these links work for just about all brands:
      Liftmaster
      http://www.usdoorcontrol.com/kbase/liftmaster-main.html
      Genie
      http://www.usdoorcontrol.com/instructions.php?genie

How to buy a Garage Door Opener?
      http://www.ehow.com/how_110395_buy-garage-door.html

How to trouble shoot a garage door opener?
      http://www.ehow.com/how_115961_troubleshoot-garage-door.html

Installing a garage door:
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/Search/?q=garage+door&s=6

Where to buy a garage door opener?
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/ProductServices/SmartBuys/SmartDirectory/Tools_HomeSecurity_and_GarageDoorOpeners.html

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.