• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      bob

I have to replace a belt on this mower, the drive belt , I guess it is. It makes the tractor move. Can anyone tell me how to go about it.

John 2000

Hi, Bob,
      With what you have wrote Bob, the best thing you can do
      is, load your mower onto the back of a pickup, drive to your
      nearest garage and tell the guy with the oily rag in
      his hand, “its not working can you change the belt for me Please”
      Don’t get involved with the in’s and out’s, all you want to know is
      when you press the button, it work’s.

John 2000.

Wick

Bob, check out http://www.sears.com and look under PartsDirect
      they offer parts and owners manuals. I would imagine that
      the directions would be available in the owners manual
      which you can order along with the OEM belt.

Jack

One blade cuts higher then the other.

Tim Franzen

Hi, You probably won’t be able to help me anymore than you did Bob back in June of ’99, but I have to replace a Belt that makes the two Blades turn on my Riding Lawn Mower. I was seeking advice other than having to take it somewhere on how to do it myself. I’ve already purchased a belt that should fit it o.k. The Riding Mower is a Rally Plus, purchased two or three years ago.

Ruth McNeely

I’d like to know what/why there isn’t more info available? Is this task a trade secret?? I’ve been looking for days!! and can’t even find a decent cross refference for belts. I got a Gates belt from O’Reilly’s only cuz I had the broken drive belt with me.I have Craftsman/Murray Model 502.255050.Looks like I may need to remove the blade belt & may want to replace it too but don’t want to cut it off.Nor do I want to pay a service call fee for something that seems should be an EASY repair.I’d just like some idea of the procedure that could save me time & effort. I can find plans for a nuclear reactor, why not replacing a lawnmower belt????

Donald L Clark Jr

Sears,

I just wanted to drop a line and say I made The Best Choice in my life when I bought the Craftsman 15.5 with 42″ cut. Its now 7 years old and still runing and all I ever done to it is clean the Carb. and change the oil never one belt or anything bad. Maintence is the key ,You stay on top of the permaintence and treat it right and she will run a long time, I got my money out of it. I seen that it is a might lower sence I bought mine. But I got my money out of it and some!! Just wanted you to know.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Donald L Clark Jr

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.