Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jharvey1
      Participant

I have a Craftsman corded electric drill Model 315.11450 that is probably(?) 25-30 years old but in great shape. The trigger switch (speed control mfg’d by Lucerne USA 125V 4A) is bad and needs to be replaced. While Sears.com recognizes the drill by model number, this particular part is no longer available. Any suggestion as to where I can get the part or a subsititue?
      Thanks

Jim

Jim

doug seibert
      Participant

…….from OWWM’s craftsman prefixes

I’d visit a LOCAL authorized repair shop for Ryobi Tools………Let them match up a new switch……….

grohosks
      Participant

jharvey posted on the bulletin board on Oct 14th ’04 a question about a Lucerne USA swith for his drill. Would jharvey please let us know what he finally wound up doing for the switch for his “TYPE 1″ 3/8” Craftsmen drill with Model Number 314.11450? I have the exact same drill with the exact same problem. This has been one of the best drills that Craftsmen ever sold. Mine has taken a licking for many years and still kept ticking. I hate to throw it away just because of the switch problem. This drill went out of productiion in 1978. I’ve run into a dead end with Sears Parts and Tool Parts Direct.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered-jharvey1

here is the only other reply I received:

#315.xxxxx is probably RYOBI

I’d visit a LOCAL authorized repair shop for Ryobi Tools………Let them match up a new switch……….

I have not done this yet – if you try it, let me know if it works

jim

Unregistered-BRRAST

I’m in the same boat. Drill works great. Pin on Switch to change direction of rotation is broken off and swtich needs to be replaced. Hope you get and answer, I’ll be monitoring.
      Drill Mdoel number: 315104020
      Switch part number: 967348-000

wallytill
      Participant

The switch on this 3/8″ variable speed, reversible drill went bad. Sears no longer supports parts for this drill because it’s so old.

I fixed mine. Buy a model 69148 from Eurton Electric Company and ask for a wiriing diagram.

Wally Till
      Atlanta, Georgia

Plugger
      Participant

My story is with a DeWalt sabre saw Model DW318 Type 1. The Lucerne trigger used to be variable speed, now it’s one speed. No wonder Lucerne is gone.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.