Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-everettldavis

If you own a Sears Radial Arm Saw you need to read this: You can probably get your saw updated free. I did.
      —————————————–
      Background Info:
      WASHINGTON, D.C. – In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Emerson Tool Co., of St. Louis, Mo., is recalling about 3.7 million Craftsman® radial arm saws for repair. These radial arm saws were sold without a guard that covers the entire blade. Consumers have come into contact with the blade or have been hit by pieces of wood kicked back by the saws, resulting in severe injuries.

Emerson Tool Co. (ETC) is providing a repair kit for a new blade guard or $100 to owners of certain Craftsman® 8″, 8¼”, 9″, and 10″ Radial Arm Saws. Sears sold the 8, 9, and 10-inch saws from 1958 through 1992. The 8¼” saws were sold from 1990 through 1995. It’s free, and includes shipping.
      —————————————–
      (That’s 44 years of many Radial Arm Saws!)

My replacement blade guard for a 10″ 113.19770 arrived in November 2004 with a new top, mounting rails and table tension screw assemblies. It took about three weeks to arrive. My saw cuts as good for me as a new one and it’s much safer to rip.

You will need the manual for your saw, plus the manual that comes with the new table top and blade guard.

The one I received lifts the plastic section of the blade guard when you squeeze the handle to crosscut, but leaves in place for ripping.

Check it out at:

to see if your saw(s)was/were part of the recall. You will be glad you did.

Another tip: If you need a manual…

My Sears Craftsman 10″ Radial Arm saw 113.19770 had a almost identical model sold by RIDGID.

The manual for its cousin will subsitute, and it is on-line in PDF at:

It’s 80 pages covers all necessary adjustments and set-up. These setups and adjustments are essential if you want accurate cuts and no kickbacks.

Everett L. Davis
      Lubbock, Texas

everettldavis
      Participant

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/index2.htm

http://www.ridgidparts.com/pdf/RS10000.pdf

These were posted in text mode instead of as active links. The original post striped them Hopefully they will be available now.

skgullatt
      Participant

Thank you for all the informaiton. Could you please send me any web sites or further information that you may have. sandragullatt@bellsouth.net
      Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.