Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      kargarcyr
      Participant

My problem is salty ice from my refrigerator’s ice maker. We apparently have very hard water from our well. The residue is sometimes rusty colored or green…how would I hook up a water softener to the water line going to the ice maker in the refrigerator or is it not possible? The refrigerators ice maker/water dispenser is already equipped with a filter which gets changed every 6 months or less. What do you know about solving our problem? At this point we always have to RINSE our ice…stupid huh? Oh and…we replaced our entire ice maker once already since Frigidaire doesn’t make the entire metal apparatus stainless steel…also stupid huh? Karen.

Karen A Cyr

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Karen,
      You can hook up your water filter to the fridge. I will try to cut a long story short. I live in Sydney Autralia and a few years back Sydney had a big water scare. In water tests they found traces of Crypto Spiridum and Guardia, in other words dangerous tiny organisns in the water.So as you can imagine water filter sales went through the roof.

Well me being me.. I wasn’t going to miss out on ice in my drinks and the filter in the fridge wasn’t doing to do the job.
      So I bought a water filter and hooked it up.

I am sure water filters are much the same as ours here. The water filter you have now dose it go to its own tap at the sink because if so you will need to buy a three way value from the filter shop so you get water to the fridge and the filter tap. At the back of the fridge you will see a skinney black hose which lets water into the fridge. On your water filter you have a “water in side” and a “water out side” my filter uses a yellow hose for in and blue hose for out. You may need to buy a couple of meters of blue hose so its reaches the fridge. Cut the blue hose about 50cm down the filter put the three way valve on it.
      Put the black fridge hose on one side and the filter tap on the other side. So what you have is the water coming out of the filter being split two ways one to fridge and the other to the tap.

I am not very good at explaining things. If you have an e-mail I will take a photo of the back of the fridge and send it to you so you can see what I mean.

Regards Noelene SYD AUS

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Karen,
      Hope you got my e-mails. I have made the MB’s. on the photos smaller now so this time I hope it dosn’t over load your e-mail account. regards Noelene

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.