Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-kevbennett_1@sbcglobal,net

I had my roof replaced after a hail storm. The roofer sold me on an upgrade called ridgecap. He said it was the best. I previously had two turbines and two small octaganal gable vents, one on the north and one on the south. After the roofer installed the ridgecap vent my wholehouse fan wouldn’t even create a breeze through the house. I had specifically asked the roofer about my whole-house fan and would it work ok with the ridgecap. He said it would. Now I’m being told that it is improper ventilation because there is no eaves. Is this correct? If not why no breeze?

homebild
      Participant

Ridge vents work only if they are large enough to provide at least 1 sq ft of opening for every 150 sq ft of attic floor area AND there is at least an equal amount of eave venting.

They also do not work if they are installed in conjunction with gable vents.

Your house fan will also not work unless there is adequate roof ventilation to allow for the maximum cubic-feet-per-minute of air movement listed on the fan.

Otherwise, it will be like trying to blow into a bottle.

Bottom line:

The ridge vent is likely not large enough to provide adequate ventilation for the roof or the fan.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.