Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-HAMMOCK

I will be removing two layers of vinyl flooring (Tile over Sheet) originally installed about 1975. I will be replacing them with one layer of resilient tiles.

What do I do with the existing mastic (adhesive residue) thAt will surly be left on the concrete slab?

How do I prepare the floor before applying the new Resilient tiles?

Thanks for your input!

Floorwizard
      Participant

be carefull about asbestos encapsulated in the old lino. Get it tested if your not sure.
      I would lay new 1/4 ply over the 2 layers and start there.
      Asbestos is a nasty thing…..

*** “One floor expert to rule them all!” ***

Lyonhart49
      Participant

There are so many issues when it comes to soundproofing in a home, Can I do this myself, or do I need a contractor. Where do I buy the materials and where do I get the knowledge? These are concerns that most home soundproofers have.
      There is help out there in the form of an online resource. These guys have the right idea about home soundproofing and they have the experience and the knowledge to get the job done, and you probably won’t even have to call *** **** for help.
      The URL is http://www.soundproofingamerica.com and the Name of the Company is Soundproofing America, Inc.
      If you are doing a home music studio or a home theater, or just a reading room where the distractions of the day are a thing of the past, this is your best online resource for materials and know-how. Check it out.

As always,

The Lyonhart

Dr. Bob12

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.