Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum replacing a blower motor in my forced air furnace

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-emuel418

Hello,

I am replacing my blower motor in my Gaffers & Sattler S 80 FDF Furnace. The motor that i’m putting in is a Fasco D151. The problem i am having is wiring it to the furnace. The old motor i took off had 3 wires, and the new one has 4 wires (red, blue, black, white). I don’t want to connect the wrong wires and blow something, so i’m looking for a little help on how to go about knowing which wires should connect to which.

Thanks!!

Unregistered-lg

just cap off the unused lead which more than likely will be the blue(medium)

HKestenholz
      Participant

You might have problems with that D151 motor as it is listed as a 230 volt motor. You might not have a problem if you are in Canada with 230 volt house wiring.

http://www.fasco.com/pdf/p31.pdf

The white wire is usually the common ground wire for 115 volt houses; but would make no difference if the house is 230 volt.

The black, red, and blue are usually speed wires. I’m surprised there are no diagrams on the motor or on the paper that comes with the motor in the box to help you.

However, it is listed as a reversible motor, so you need to find how to do that as well. Unless someone just used that particular motor and has a perfect memory of it, you’d do best to call the place you got the motor from to get the wiring diagram before you play with it.

http://www.heatpro.us energy businessmen’s knowledge

Yes, you really have to find out the MAKE and MODEL to get good answers. There IS more than one machine made.

Unregistered-lg

i was assuming you purchased a compatable replacement.
      sorry about that.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.