• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cowboy

i have some tile that came loose from the floor i pulled them up and the thinset had stuck to the tile does anyone know how to remove the thinset from the tile so i can reuse the tile thank you…

Jennifer in KC

This will take a while, but it will work. Just find a bucket and toss those puppies in with warm water and liquid dish soap. Check again next weekend and see if that thinset is ready to be brushed off (usually with a regular scrub brush). Perhaps some of the guys on this site know a more “professional” process/chemical that will work here (I know the do make a thinset remover), but this is cheap and easy if you’re not in too big a hurry. Good luck.

paul in portland

I’m not positive, but lacquer thinner ought to help dissolve the latex-based additive in the thinset. Am about to try it myself today; will let you know how it goes. Discovered Kleen Strip adhesive remover (Home Depot) and a stiff wire brush, followed by a green scrubber pad and a warm water bath, were great for removing organic-based tile adhesives,though.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.