Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Anthony G. Mosconi

Could someone tell me or refer me to another message about masking tape removal.

I used it in a bathroom while painting, and it has left a residue upon removal. I am looking for something that will cut the residue, and will try some white vinegar unless I hear otherwise.

Thanks in advance…

Jay J

Anthony,

I know it’s too late, but in case you’re not aware, there’s Painter’s Masking Tape. The ‘other stuff’ is not meant for the purpose you used it for. That’s at least if you’re not looking for more work to do. Anyway, …

Try some warm, mildly soapy (dish detergent) water. You need to soften up the glue and any residual tape that’s been left on. Also, you might want to try using a plastic scraper once you wet the glue. Also, there’s a product that’s used to get wallpaper glue off of the wall called, DIF. Any home center or wall papering store stocks it. I don’t know for sure if the DIF will work but it has an enzyme that breaks down the glue. I’m guessing the tape is stuck to stained wood as compared to painted wood. If this is the case, be careful with the chemicals and the scraping!!!

Jay J

Bob Moxin

The best thing I know of to remove glue is WD-40. You might want to try it on masking tape.

Agnes Mike

would someone e-mail me today, because the spots on my right side lens are bugging me. Got super glue on it. thank you very much.

JOEL SPERBER

I DRIPPED AND THEN SMEARED CRAZY GLUE ON OUR NEW COUNTER TOP TOP.

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN SAFELY REMOVE IT?

HELP!!!

Maureen

Need to know ASAP what I can do to remove super glue from plastic eyeglass lens….Thanks!!!

marlon mapp

please help… super glue on some glass in my house, how do i get it off…please he;p!!!!!

JENNIFER

I HAVE SUPER GLUE ON MY SHIRT AND PANTS AT WORK.

Jason

My girlfriend (trying to be funny) superglued my lips shut and i need a way to get it off without tearing my lips apart. Please help soon!

Half-rican

My Halfrican American Aunt just used some 409 Orange Oil and it works just fine. Little bit of the oil, some water, little bit of rubbing, you’ll get it!

Cindy roper

I need some information how to remove the super glue from my counter and my quick step flooring.

I have tried Acetone on the counter but thats not cutting it. Please Help. Thanks Cindy

steven

what is the best way to remove to glue from the old vinyl floor?

Unregistered-ellenthecleaner

This one’s easy: De-Solv-It, Goo Gone, Goof Off or any oil-based cleaner, including lemon furniture oil, will remove masking tape residue.

Unregistered-edelweiss96@infoest.com

I spelled some super glue on my new cultured marble counter top in the guest bathroom.. I am sick and wish for a solution…..

best regards

Christine Bullard

mrybzrth
      Participant

wheredo i find the answers when i post a question

Handyman
      Participant

Be careful if you have special coatings or don’t want your items damaged in the process of removing the Super or Krazy glue. Acetone or Nail polish remover is recommended by the manufacturer but may damage your item as well.
      If it is a glass or a shiny surface I would try scraping with a razor blade. Remember eyeglasses may have coatings that will be damaged.
      For fabric let the glue dry then try to crumple it out.
      Super Glue/Krazy Glue aka cyanoacrylate, may have a chemical reaction with many substances and actually becomes part of it. That is one of the reasons why it works so well.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question695.htm
      Here are links to the manufacturer’s sites:
      http://www.elfy.com/
      http://www.krazyglue.com/faq/faq.asp?question=cat_2

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.