Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

I have an installation due in a few days of contractor coming to template my countertop in kitchen. I was told that I had to remove the old CT before they can do the template..which means I also have to remove my sink. I looked under my sink and did not see any screws attaching the CT in that vicinity. ..so I am assuming that the old CT was being held in place by the installation of the sink and possibly adhesive to the below cabinets. My problem is after I do that chore, I will be without water for about 2 weeks in the kitchen…until they install the granite CT. Can’t they do a template with at least the sink in its place? The handyman that I got for a $100 is going to remove both, probably won’t be around to reinstall the sink, or at the least have to have him come back for another $100. He’s coming the day before they do. How would the sink be held in place?

thiggy
      Participant

There is more than one method of mounting sinks. You did not tell what type of countertop you have, so anything I say is a guess for your situation. Probably the most common method of mounting a sink in a post formed or onsite build laminate countertop is by clamping from beneath the countertop with special small clamps screwed in position around the perimeter of the sink. Solid surface and natural stone countertops often have what is called undermount sinks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.