Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      plester
      Participant

My patio door is an aluminum framed dual door, one stationary and one sliding. It is approx. 25 years old. I need to replace the rollers on my sliding patio door. In order to do so I have to remove the stationary patio door. I have removed the brackets and screws that were holding the door in place. Evidently whoever installed this door wanted to make it secure. The door is caulked on the bottom, can’t tell about the jam side of the door. Do you have any suggestions on how to remove this stationary door?

thiggy
      Participant

My parents’ house had what sounds exactly like your patio door arrangement. It wasn’t necessary to remove the frame/jamb from the opening to get either the rolling or stationary door out of the frame. The rolling door just lifted out of the track, swinging the bottom out till free. The stationary one removed in the same way, except that there were one or two screws in the frame which had to be removed to allow the door to be lifted. But if you are just replacing the rollers, why do you need to remove the stationary door?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.