Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      MJGreene

Has anyone used the RL Linen-look paint kit??
      If so, please share your experiences!

Thanks!

Henry in MI

Hi, MJ. You might search the board for prior comments. There are several threads on Ralph Lauren paints. To search, go up to “edit” then “find in top window”. Follow the on-screen instructions from there and type Ralph Lauren in the block.

I think that you will see quite a few negative comments about that paint generally, but I think that you are smart to check out the product before you get involved. For what it’s worth, many specialty paint stores can give you some direction on the faux techniques needed.

Henry in MI

kelly

Some paint finishes look more “faux” than others. I am willing to do the work and practice to achieve the look of a professional decor/designer. Please tell me what books or sites will give me the best details on how to recreate the most convincing “frescoed” or “tuscan” wall finish. (An older book, “PAINT MAGIC” comes to mind, the TECH in paint magic is difficult…but beautiful results!!!
      …do you have a book comparable to this genre/quality to help me with the look that I am looking for?
      Thanks for your imput.
      foglietta@uniserve.com

SAMUEL ADOMAKO

ANY DEMO AID LIKE VIDEO OR A COMPUTER INTERACTIVE INSTRUCTION

Kristen Gallis

Has anyone used the suede lauren paint? Any hints or suggestions? I’m in the process and ready to start the second coat with the “brush” and I’m a little nervous.

Thanks,

Kristen

Sandra Bell

We would like to paint stripped pine furniture with a black finish that has red undertones. We have seen this finish on newer painted black furniture. Do you know what the process is? We would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Josie

What type of brush do you use for denim look in a boys room?

bonnie tinker

looking for color chart or at least help in finding name of a particular color.

jennifer

i’ve used the sand paint on my walls and have had a problem with even distribution- i’ve put 2 coats on by roller and have areas that a very dark and other areas are light. i then went over the lighter areas in an attempt to darken them and they are totally a different color…if anyone has any suggestions as how to even this paint out i would really appreciate it.

thanks,

j.

Michelle

We have a navy blue R.L. sand paint and it’s too dark in our living room. We would like to go over it with a lighter color. It’s also very rough and I wouldn’t recommend putting this on walls that have heavy traffic. It’s rough, shows scratches, and scrapes the skin. How do we make these walls smooth again?

Rick

Will be using for the first time. Any suggestions. We bought the suggested roller. How easy is this going to be?

aron

where can I purchase (Ball room gold) paint

ropnwidow
      Participant

Thought I would love it. Read the directions completely over and over, downloaded more, just in case I missed something, got the “how to” DVD from home depot and then YYYIKKES!!!!!!!!!!I cant get it to look any where near acceptable. The look is more like cardboard-ish mess. I hate to say it but I hate it!!! So I tried to fix it with sea sponge, to blend it in. Nope… So now I just want a tan wall, so i rolled it again with glaze. NOw i cant get it to blend twithout mshowing every single roller mark and heaven help you if you go over a area that was already done, cause now it’s 3 shades darker then the rest of that section. Back to square 1…What can I do to cover this mess without having to repaint the 4 basecoats and then this glaze stuff?? Please help

Handyman
      Participant

People have posted over 1000 messages on our forum requesting help or offering assistance with this brand of paint. In reading the messages we have heard horror stories and stories of great ease. While it may be a complex paint to apply the customer service has been consistently helpful. They have set up a toll free number to answer any application questions for this paint at 1-800-379-7656. They have also developed a series of online videos to insure that your results look like they do in the store.
      http://rlhome.polo.com/rlhome/products/paint/default_howto.asp
      So whether you are trying to paint in Antique Leather, River Rock or Suede they can help.
      You are also welcome to browse our 1000+ posts from the top.http://discussions.tommmymac.us/wwwboard/messages/1111.html

*We are not in any way affiliated with the Ralph Lauren Company nor its products.
      If the link or site is no longer functioning you are encouraged to send a note to info@discussions.tommmymac.us and reference this URL.

Unregistered-Ruth

I dont understand the aging process.

I understand that you have to put on a base coat. I understand that you have to put on the glaze. I dont understand I am going to get the aging technique.

The catalog states that you have to use lint free rags to soften the glaze?
      I dont understand at what point you have to use the Fitch Edge Tool?

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.